By Connie Calipay

PROBE. Members of the Scene of the Crime Operation cordon the area where three bodies were discovered in Barangay Macabugos, Libon, Albay, on Monday (Feb. 5, 2024). The bodies were identified to belong to victims of the Concepcion criminal group who were reported missing since December last year. (Photo courtesy of PRO5)

LEGAZPI CITY – Personnel of the Police Regional Office 5 (Bicol) on Monday discovered three bodies belonging to victims of the Concepcion criminal gang in Libon town, Albay province.

In a report on Tuesday, Lt. Col. Malu Calubaquib, PRO5 spokesperson, said the identities of the deceased individuals have been established and confirmed by their families.

“Tragically, two of them were minors, while one was of legal age. All were residents of (Sitio) Tagbac, Barangay Macabugos, Libon, Albay. The victims were reported missing since Dec. 30, 2023,” she said.

Calubaquib said a concerned citizen reported to the Libon Municipal Police Station the discovery of three bodies in a decaying stage.

“Personnel from the Libon Municipal Police Station, along with support from the 93rd Special Action Company, Regional Mobile Force Battalion 5, and the 1st Albay Provincial Mobile Force Company, promptly proceeded to the reported location and verified the information. Based on our ongoing investigation, these individuals fell victim to the Concepcion criminal gang,” she added.

The PRO5, under the leadership of Regional Director Brig. Gen. Andre Dizon, urges members of the community to come forward and report any information pertinent to the criminal activities, as well as the whereabouts of other individuals associated with the Concepcion group.

Following the death of Gilbert Concepcion, leader of the gang, in an operation conducted by PRO5 in Parañaque City last Jan. 24, the Bicol police continues its relentless efforts to apprehend the remaining members. (PNA)