MANILA, May 27 (Mabuhay) — The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday reported 5,310 new coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infections, bringing the total to 1,193,976, as four laboratories failed to submit data on time.

According to the DOH, the active cases in the country decreased to 46,037, the lowest since March 11.

Of this, 92.5% are mild, 2.1% are asymptomatic, 2.2% are severe, and 1.7% are in critical condition.

Meanwhile, total recoveries rose to 1,127,770 after 7,408 more patients recovered from the illness while 150 new fatalities brought the death toll to 20,169.

Six duplicate cases were also removed from the total case count.

“Moreover, 86 cases that were previously tagged as recoveries were reclassified as deaths after final validation,” the DOH said.

Data also showed that 60% of the country’s intensive care unit beds are in use while 39% of the mechanical ventilators are occupied.

In the National Capital Region (NCR), 57% of the ICU beds are being utilized by patients while 40% of the mechanical ventilators are in use.

The OCTA Research group on Tuesday said NCR has improved from being a high-risk area to a moderate-risk area for COVID-19.

Despite this, the group recommended to the government to retain the general community quarantine (GCQ) status of NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal in June.

The GCQ “with heightened restrictions” over the NCR Plus will last from May 15 until May 31, 2021.(MNS)

READ NEXT: Negotiations key to resolving maritime row with China — analyst