Bong Revilla says ‘pork’ case hinders presidential ambition

MANILA, Sept 30 (Mabuhay) – Embattled Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. on Wednesday admitted that he wanted to run for president in 2016 elections, but the plan has been setback by the plunder case that he is facing in connection to the pork barrel scam. “Aaminin natin na...

Sandigan urged to nix plea protecting Revilla’s assets

MANILA, Sept 18 (Mabuhay) – The Office of the Special Prosecutor told the Sandiganbayan 1st Division that the petition filed by Senator Bong Revilla against the anti-graft court’s decision to attach his properties should be dismissed. In a comment to Revilla’s petition for...

Pretrial of Enrile’s plunder case deferred anew

MANILA (Mabuhay) – For the second time, the Sandiganbayan has deferred the pretrial of the plunder case of Senate Minority Leader Juan Ponce Enrile as well as his co-accused Jessica Lucila “Gigi” Reyes and Janet Lim-Napoles in connection with their alleged involvement in the pork...

Mar ‘highly qualified’, Jinggoy says

MANILA (Mabuhay) — After attending his bail hearing at the Sandiganbayan 5th Division for his plunder case, Sen. Jinggoy Estrada told reporters that Interior Secretary Mar Roxas is highly qualified to run for president. The detained senator, however, said that the Estradas...

Benhur Luy admits transacting with Jinggoy’s aide behind Napoles’ back

MANILA, July 3 (Mabuhay) – Whistleblower Benhur Luy on Friday admitted that there was a time he had his own transactions regarding the pork barrel scam without the knowledge of Janet Lim Napoles, his former boss who had been tagged as the brains behind the scam. “To be honest, at...

Bong Revilla’s plunder case trial not to commence anytime soon

MANILA, May 21 (Mabuhay)– Senator Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. would have to endure more months or even years in detention as the start of the trial proper of his plunder case in connection with the pork barrel scam was reset to not earlier than September this year. At the...

More Bong Revilla properties garnished

MANILA (Mabuhay) — Four Cavite properties of detained Senator Ramon ”Bong” Revilla Jr. were garnished by the Sandiganbayan Sheriff in connection with his pork barrel scam cases. In a report by the court sheriff to the First Division, two properties in Tagaytay...

Sandiganbayan: Bong will remain in detention

MANILA, Apr 9 (Mabuhay) – Detained Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla will remain in detention. The Sandiganbayan First Division has denied, with finality, Revilla’s plea to post bail in connection with the plunder case the Office of the Ombudsman filed against him stemming from his...

Sandigan allows Jinggoy Estrada to attend son’s graduation

MANILA (Mabuhay) – The Sandiganbayan Fifth Division on Monday allowed Senator Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada to attend the graduation rites of his son on Tuesday. During the bail hearing of Estrada’s plunder case, Associate Justice Roland Jurado said the court granted Estrada’s request...

Drilon, Belmonte don’t object to JPE house arrest

MANILA (Mabuhay) – Both leaders of the Senate and House of Representatives are posing no objection to the call that detained Senator Juan Ponce Enrile be placed under house arrest. Senate President Franklin Drilon did not express objection to the proposal, but noted that it is...