Star Power Grand Champion and Queen of Teleserye Theme Songs show Nov. 30 at Alex Theater
The multi-talented Angeline Quinto has won all the major singing awards and competitions of her generation. She began her meteoric ascent in 2003 at “Star for a Night,” the national TV contest hosted by Asia’s Songbird, Regine Velasquez, wherein she dueled with Sarah Geronimo, Mark Bautista and Mau Marcelo – all certified stars – in the exciting grand finals, in a performance that impressed Sharon Cuneta, one of the judges.
At her next major TV competition, “MTB: Teen PopStar” in 2005, she ousted international winner Jonalyn Viray during the pre-finals and tied with Sherilyn Flores for the grand prize. In 2010, she joined GMA-7’s “Diz Iz Kantahan: Challenge the Champion,” where she was a wildcard finalist.
In 2011, Angeline was invited by Sharon Cuneta to compete in the singing contest she hosted, “Star Power: Sharon’s Search For the Next Female Pop Superstar.” After three rounds of competition, she emerged victorious, winning $1 million and a recording contract from Star Records. Later, Angeline joined Sharon Cuneta in her U.S. concert tour.
Aside from singing contest champion, Angeline has earned another title – “Queen of Teleserye Theme Songs” – for singing on several soundtracks of top-rating ABS-CBN television dramas and films, including “Princess and I,” “Ina Kapatid, Anak,” “Kahit Konting Pagtingin,” “Apoy sa Dagat,” “Juan de la Cruz,” “Muling Buksan ang Puso,” “Ikaw Lamang,” and “Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon.”
She has released four solo albums – three certified double platinum, one certified triple platinum.
She is also coming into her own as an actress, performing in major films like Born To Love You, Four Sisters and a Wedding, Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo?, and Beauty in a Bottle.
As a host and performer, Angeline is regularly seen in “ASAP Rocks” on ABS-CBN.
Her numerous awards include:
● Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by An Actress (for “Kahit Konting Pagtingin”) at the 5th Golden Screen TV Awards in 2014
● Female Pop Recording Artist of the Year (for Higher Love) at the 6th PMPC Star Awards for Music in 2014
● The Philippines’ Most Downloaded Artist for 2012, Best Inspirational/Religious Recording (for “Lipad ng Pangarap”) and Best Song Written For TV/Movie/Stage Play (for “Nagiisang Bituin”)—all at the 26th Awit Awards in 2013
● Female Recording Artist of the Year at the 43rd GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards
● Outstanding Female Pop Performing Artist at the Asian Entertainer Awards (Consumers Choice)
● Female Pop Recording Artist of the Year at the 4th PMPC Star Awards for Music
● Best Secular Song at the Catholic Mass Media Awards and 3rd PMPC Star Awards for Music (for “Patuloy Ang Pangarap”)
● New Female Recording Artist of the Year at the 3rd PMPC Star Awards for Music and Best New Artist at the Aliw Awards
Angeline will be seen live on November 30 (Sunday) at 5 p.m. at Alex Theatre, located at 216 N Brand Blvd Glendale CA 91203. For tickets, please call (818) 458-9258 or log on to email@example.com.