MANILA, Oct 20 (Mabuhay) — Christmas parties are prohibited in Metro Manila this year after mayors agreed to place the entire region under general community quarantine until the end of the year, the government said Tuesday.
Mass gatherings remain barred in GCQ areas under the guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19.
Metro Manila mayors over the weekend agreed to keep the capital region under GCQ until December, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said.
“Under GCQ bawal pa ang parties. Ang ating NCR (National Capital Region), nagkasundo ‘yung ating mayors na under GCQ muna tayo, magluluwag lang para makasuporta sa ekonomiya pero hindi muna mag-MGCQ (modified GCQ). Konting tiis na lang ito,” he said when asked about local governments’ jurisdiction on Christmas parties.
Meanwhile, the Land Transportation Office said Tuesday it has extended until Dec. 31 the validity of expired licenses whose owners were previously restricted from going outside due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The agency has resumed services for those aged 17 to 21 and 60 to 65 years old following government’s easing of age restrictions, its chief Edgar Galvante said.
The registration of vehicles ending in 9 and 0 are also extended until Dec 31, Galvante added.
“Dati di nakakalabas younger than 19. Kung sila ay qualified mag-apply ng lisensya, they will be entertained,” Galvante said.
Senior citizens will be given priority, he added. (MNS)