MANILA, Jan 4 (Mabuhay) — The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) is filing charges against Gwyneth Chua, a returning overseas Filipino who breached quarantine protocols, her parents, and some personnel of the hotel quarantine facility.

In a statement to reporters, the CIDG said it would file cases against nine persons, including Chua, her father and mother, and personnel of the Berjaya Makati Hotel where she was supposed to undergo quarantine upon return from the United States on December 22.

CIDG chief, Maj. Gen. Albert Ignatius Ferro, said the case would be filed before the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office on Tuesday.

The CIDG unit in the National Capital Region (NCR), which is investigating the case, confirmed that Chua’s father picked her up from the hotel at about 11:40 p.m. on December 22.

It also established the following timeline:

• Chua was transported to the Berjaya Makati Hotel and checked in on December 22 at 11:23 p.m.

• At about 11:40 p.m. of the same night, Chua was fetched from the hotel by her father with an SUV and drove off;

• Investigators confirmed the presence of Chua in one of the restaurants on December 23, through CCTV footage and witness accounts; and

• On December 25 at 9 p.m., Chua returned to the hotel assisted by her mother.

Investigators also said Chua was seen dining with several acquaintances at the Kampai Bar and Mijo Comfort Food, both located in Poblacion, Makati City.

Returning from overseas, Chua was obliged to follow the health protocols imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases and the Department of Health.

“Her action of leaving the quarantine facility and disregarding the quarantine procedure violated Rule XI Section 1 (g) (iii), (iv) of the IRR of (Republic Act) 11332 (Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act),” the CIDG said.

It said it “did not find sufficient evidence” to charge any of the individuals in the company of Chua the night after she broke quarantine.

However, it encouraged Chua’s companions to file a complaint.

The CIDG confirmed that Chua is under isolation in one of the facilities in Metro Manila after her swab test came out positive on December 26. (MNS)

READ NEXT: Baguio mayor eyes use of antigen self-tests