President Rodrigo Duterte (MNS Photo)

MANILA, Aug 26 (Mabuhay) — The ruling party PDP-Laban led by Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi has maintained that President Rodrigo Duterte will be running for Vice President next year.

The PDP-Laban Cusi faction issued the statement after presidential spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. revealed that President Rodrigo Duterte said during last night’s taped address that he will not run for vice president in 2022 if his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, pursues her presidential bid in the 2022 polls.

This part of the address, which was cut in the broadcast, was inconsistent with the statement issued by the PDP-Laban Cusi faction on Tuesday afternoon that President Duterte has already agreed to run for vice president in 2022 under the PDP-Laban banner.

“The PDP Laban statement was clear and unequivocal. No need to interpret, explain, or supplement,” the party said in a statement.

“Any extraneous statement and conclusion is non sequitur,” it added.

The other wing of PDP-Laban is led by Senator Manny Pacquiao who also recently said that he will announce his political plans in 2022 by next month.

The tandem of President Duterte and his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio is leading in pre-election polls so far. (MNS)

READ NEXT: I will run for VP to continue fight vs. drugs, insurgency — PRRD