Hundreds of nurses arrive at the Araneta coliseum in Manila, 02 October 2007 to attend official oath taking ceremonies after passing the June 2007 government licensure examination, where 31,275 successful examinees from the more than 64,000 passed the tests conducted nationwide. Last year's scandal tainted examination resulted in the massive retake for examinees to qualify for US Visa. Filipino nurses are in high demand in the US.  AFP PHOTO/ROMEO GACAD (Photo credit should read ROMEO GACAD/AFP/Getty Images)

Hundreds of nurses arrive at the Araneta coliseum in Manila, 02 October 2007 to attend official oath taking ceremonies after passing the June 2007 government licensure examination, where 31,275 successful examinees from the more than 64,000 passed the tests conducted nationwide. Last year’s scandal tainted examination resulted in the massive retake for examinees to qualify for US Visa. Filipino nurses are in high demand in the US. AFP PHOTO/ROMEO GACAD (Photo credit should read ROMEO GACAD/AFP/Getty Images)

MANILA (Mabuhay) — The Department of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday belied reports that four Filipino nurses were abducted by armed men in Sirte, Libya.

At a press briefing, Foreign Affairs spokesman Charles Jose branded as “false” the supposed kidnapping incident involving the Filipino health workers.

“The four were not actually not kidnapped. They were taken from their accommodation to a safer place,” Jose told a press briefing.

“Our embassy was able to talk to one of they and they said they are safe so the report is false,” he added. (MNS)