MANILA, Sept 6 (Mabuhay) — The Department of Health (DOH) on Monday said the observance of minimum public health standards in schools during the resumption of face-to-face classes has yielded good results so far.

(MNS photo)

DOH officer-in-charge Maria Rosario Vergeire said they are coordinating with the Department of Education (DepEd) regarding the situations in schools.

“So far so good. We are in constant coordination with the Department of Education at lahat naman po ng ating mga tagubilin na kasama sa mga protocols natin ay natutupad [all our reminders and protocols are being followed’,” Vergeire said at a press briefing.

Vergeire said they only observed crowding in schools at times, but they have already coordinated with the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the local government units (LGUs) to address the matter.

On Thursday, DepEd spokesperson Atty. Michael Poa said no students and teachers have reported to have contracted COVID-19 yet since the in-person classes resumed on August 22.

For their part, Vergeire said there were a few students who were reportedly getting sick, but protocols were in place for such situations.

“In terms na mga bata na nagkakasakit, nakita natin na maayos ang pagpapatupad ng ating mga protocols. Very minimal lang po ‘yung reported cases na may sakit sa mga kabataan na pumapasok,” she said. (MNS)