MANILA (Mabuhay) — Government employees will soon get their Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) bonuses, after President Benigno Aquino III signed an executive order to the effect, Malacañang said Saturday.
Presidential Communications Operations Office head Herminio Coloma Jr. said Aquino signed Executive Order 181, where the payment will be released starting June 1.
He said “the one-time grant of the PEI (is) equivalent to either P5,000 or one month basic salary as of 31 May 2015.”
It covers government employees from:
– national government agencies
– Civil Service Commission
– Commission on Elections
– Office of the Ombudsman
– Government-owned or controlled corporations
– local water districts
– government financial institutions
– local government units
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said on government-run dzRB radio the one-time grant of the PEI equivalent to one month’s salary is for agencies that have complied with requirements on performance.
“(K)ailanganng ma-meet ng mga agencies ‘yung mga sumusunod na requirement para makapagbigay sila ng one-time PEI equivalent to one-month basic salary,” she said, adding these include:
– achievement of at least 90 percent of their fiscal year 2014 target under at least two performance indicators for at least one major final output under operations
– compliant with “transparency seal”
– compliant with posting or publication of “Citizen’s Charter”
But she said those not entitled to this include consultants, laborers hired through job contracts, student laborers and apprentices and individuals and groups whose services are engaged through job orders, contract of services and other similarly situated. (MNS)