John Lloyd Cruz (MNS Photo)

John Lloyd Cruz (MNS Photo)

MANILA (Mabuhay) — Actor John Lloyd Cruz feels sad that his upcoming movie, “Honor Thy Father,” did not make it to the official list of entries in this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).

Cruz said he was looking forward to the screening of “Honor Thy Father” in the MMFF, believing that there are people who are looking for this type of movie.

Still, the actor said he respects the decision of the committee.

“Sayang kasi naniniwala talaga kami at ‘yung mga tao sa paligid namin. Naniwala talaga kami na mayroong ano, na mayroong naghahanap ng ganitong klaseng pelikula sa ganoong panahon, sa MMFF season,” he said in an interview with ABS-CBNnews.com and other reporters on Thursday on the set of “Maalaala Mo Kaya” in Bataan. “Malayo siguro sa criteria na mayroon ang MMFF, and we totally respect that. Siyempre, hindi naman kami ang committee, sila ang committee so they get to decide.”

“Pero nanghihinayang lang kami kasi we really want the story to be out there at mapanood ng madaming tao. But then again, going back to their criteria, we didn’t make it so we just move on,” he added.

Cruz went on to express his thoughts about the annual film festival.

“Sayang kasi ang hinahanap ko lang din doon ay para mabigyan ng chance ang ganitong klaseng pelikula na mai-showcase sa ganoong season. Kasi I believe ang MMFF ay para sa lahat ng klaseng pelikula, hindi lang sa siguradong blockbuster o tumatabo sa takilya but ‘yun nga, babalikan mo lang ang kanilang criteria,” he said.

When asked when “Honor Thy Father” will be shown in cinemas, Cruz said: “Wala eh, wala [akong idea]. Honestly, hindi ko alam kasi ang tagal din naming pinagdebatihan kung ipapasok namin sa MMFF.”

Last week, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority released the official list of films included in the 41st MMFF.

Included in the list are films starring Kapamilya stars like Vice Ganda, Coco Martin, Janella Salvador, John Prats, Karylle, and JM De Guzman.

Also part of the festival is the film starring Kris Aquino and her former boyfriend, Quezon City Mayor and actor Herbert Bautista. (MNS)