MANILA (Mabuhay) — The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said when assistant labor attache to Saudi Arabia Antonio Villafuerte arrives in the Philippines from Saudi on Thursday, he will face the investigation into the alleged “sexploitation” of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
DOLE spokesman Nicon Fameronag said the DOLE will have Villafuerte air his side before deciding whether or not to present him to the media.
DOLE Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said Villafuerte has been assured of due process.
“Kailangan thorough ang investigation. We have to satisfy requirement ng due process,” she added.
Villafuerte had been linked by at least three OFWs to the alleged sexploitation mess. He has denied the allegations.
At least three alleged victims of the “sex-for-flight” scandal have released their sworn statements on the supposed sexual exploitation that occurred in Manila’s Middle East diplomatic posts.
Two of the victims have accused Villafuerte of sexually molesting them.
Earlier this week, Villafuerte granted an interview to Saudi-based news site Arab News where he said he is ready to face the charges against him.
“I have rendered my duties in a proper manner and believe that there are some people who are willing to come forward to bring out the truth,” he said, adding that he was concerned about the effect of the accusations on his family. (MNS)