MANILA (Mabuhay) — The lawyer representing the winning bidder in the controversial P650-million contract on the integrated window processing system of the Bureau of Customs (BOC) on Tuesday called for Commissioner Alberto Lina to resign from his post.
Harry Roque, the legal counsel of Omni Prime Marketing Inc.-Intrasoft Joint Venture (OMI-Intrasoft JV), claimed that “… and dalawang branches ng government ay nagsabi na puro kapalpakan ang ginagawa ni Lina.”
He did not elaborate other than citing the OMI-Intrasoft JV contract that the Customs chief cancelled, supposedly without any basis, and the raging controversy over the physical inspection on balikbayan boxes which prompted President Benigno Aquino III to ask Lina to tone down the procedure.
A source close to Lina said the Customs chief at this point has “No comment on Harry Roque.”
The lawyer told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday that he will go to court on Wednesday, again on behalf of OMI-Intrasoft JV, and ask that Lina be suspended.
“We will ask from the Ombudsman for the preventive suspension of Lina tomorrow,” Roque said.
Early last month, OMI-Intrasoft JV sued Lina and other BOC officials for plunder. (MNS)