By Priam Nepomuceno
MANILA – The death toll from the effects of the shear line that soaked Davao and Caraga regions last week has climbed to 18, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported on Friday.
This, after two more deaths from the Davao region were logged, the NDRRMC said in its latest situation report.
However, only 10 deaths have so far been confirmed while eight are still undergoing validation, all from the Davao Region.
The agency also reported eight confirmed injuries due to the shear line and these are all recorded in Davao.
A total of 191,376 families or 847,237 have so far been affected in 478 barangays in the two regions.
As of this time, only 162 families, or 489 individuals are being sheltered in the 10 evacuation centers still active while 2,071 families or 6,356 persons are being aided outside.
The Office of Civil Defense earlier said that affected families include those displaced and those not needing transfer or removal from their residence.
Damaged houses were placed at 657 in both regions.
The amount of infrastructure and agricultural damage in the Davao and Caraga regions was placed at PHP27.05 million and PHP78.11 million, respectively. (PNA)