MANILA (Mabuhay) – The number of people affected by Tropical Storm Mario (Fung-Wong) breached the one million mark as of Monday morning, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.
In its 6 a.m. update, the NDRRMC said the death toll remained at 11 with 12 injured and two still missing.
Mario exited the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) before dawn Monday.
According to the NDRRMC, Mario has so far affected 258,976 families or 1,160,050 people in 1,126 barangays in 27 provinces in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central and Southern Luzon, Bicol, Central Visayas, Cordillera, and Metro Manila.
Of these, 30,266 families or 129,676 people are staying in 324 evacuation centers.
The NDRRMC also said 425 houses were destroyed while 1,710 were damaged in Ilocos, Central and Southern Luzon, and Cordillera.
At least 81 roads and six bridges remained impassable in Ilocos, Central Luzon, and Metro Manila.
The Department of Public Works and Highways, meanwhile, said at least 22 road sections in Luzon are still closed.
As of 6 a.m. Monday, 379 areas in Ilocos, Central Luzon, Calabarzon and Metro Manila are still flooded, according to the NDRRMC.
Meanwhile, power was restored in Apayao, Laguna, Batangas, Quezon and Rizal.
In an advisory on Sunday evening, the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines said it has completed restoration work on transmission facilities affected by the storm.
Classes on Monday remained suspended in some areas in Region 1 and the National Capital Region even as the storm exited PAR. (MNS)