A Filipino Muslim woman displays a message as they picket the Foreign Affairs office in Manila Monday Jan. 31, 2011 to urge the Philippine Government to ensure the safety of Filipinos in Egypt, known as OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers), following days of protests against the 30-year-rule of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Officials said more than 6,000 Filipinos are working in Egypt and has drawn contingency plans for the possible repatriation of its citizens. (AP Photo/Bullit Marquez)

A Filipino Muslim woman displays a message as they picket the Foreign Affairs office in Manila Monday Jan. 31, 2011 to urge the Philippine Government to ensure the safety of Filipinos in Egypt, known as OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers), following days of protests against the 30-year-rule of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Officials said more than 6,000 Filipinos are working in Egypt and has drawn contingency plans for the possible repatriation of its citizens. (AP Photo/Bullit Marquez)

MANILA (Mabuhay) – There was no Filipino involved in a double murder case in a luxury flat in Hong Kong’s Wan Chai district last weekend, the Philippine Consulate General said Monday.

In a post on its Facebook page, the Consulate General said preliminary information from the Wan Chai Police showed “no Filipino national was involved.”

But it encouraged Filipinos living and working in Hong Kong to “exercise caution at all times to ensure their safety,” It also advised them to call the Assistance-to-Nationals hotline at +852 9155 4023 or email atn4.hongkongpcg@dfa.gov.ph.

A report on Radio Television Hong Kong said a 29-year-old man has been linked to the case and was to appear before the Eastern Magistrates’ Court Monday. He was charged with two counts of murder in connection with the double slaying at the luxury flat in Wan Chai.

“Police have not named the man, but the British Foreign Office in London confirmed that a UK national had been arrested in Hong Kong but gave no further information,” RTHK said.

The RTHK report said a woman was found dead with stab wounds to her throat and buttocks, with a bloodied knife found nearby.

A second victim was found partially enclosed in a suitcase on the balcony. The second victim was believed killed days earlier.

The RTHK report also cited earlier media reports identifying the woman in the suitcase as Sumarti Ningsih, 25; and the other fatality as Jesse Lorena, 30. (MNS)