MNS photo

MANILA, Nov 12 (Mabuhay) — Malacañang said Thursday that the 3-day national vaccination drive against COVID-19 from November 29 to December 1 may be declared non-working days.

“Inaasikaso po kung ano ang magiging desisyon ng Presidente diyan” (We are working on it), presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said when pressed if scheduled three days would be declared non-working days so people can easily go out and have their COVID-19 vaccine.

“Let us wait for the EO,” Roque added when asked for more details on whether designated vaccination centers will allow walk-ins.

The three-day vaccination drive will be held nationwide, with target number of individuals to be vaccinated per region, except for the National Capital Region where the COVID-19 vaccination coverage is over 80%.

Dr. Kezia Rosario of National Vaccination Operation Center said the activity will have at least 33,000 teams of vaccinators involving around 170,000 health workers.

For the 3-day event, the government is eyeing to vaccinate 15 million people, with the highest target set at 2.2 million for Calabarzon, followed by Region 3 at 1.5M, Region 7 at 1.3M, Region 6 at 1.2M and Region 5 at 1.1M.

So far, there are 30.4 million Filipinos fully vaccinated against COVID-19, still a far cry from the 80% target among the country’s 109 million population by May 9, 2022.  (MNS)

READ NEXT: Leni, Bongbong camp react to Sara’s move to drop reelection bid