Dancers perform a dragon dance in Manila's Chinatown during Lunar New Year celebrations. ©AFP PHOTO / NOEL CELIS

Dancers perform a dragon dance in Manila’s Chinatown during Lunar New Year celebrations. ©AFP PHOTO / NOEL CELIS

MANILA (Mabuhay) – China’s travel advisory to its nationals warning of possible security threats in the Philippines will not have any negative effect on Manila-Beijing ties, Malacañang said Saturday.

Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte also reiterated the government remains committed to protect Chinese who visit the Philippines.

“The (Department of Foreign Affairs) has already reached out to the side of China to reiterate our commitment that their citizens will be protected here in the Philippines just like any visitor who comes to our shores,” she said on government-run dzRB radio.

Earlier this week, China issued a travel advisory warning of supposed security concerns in the Philippines.

When asked if the Palace is concerned Manila-Beijing ties would suffer due to the travel advisory, Valte said, “Tingin ko hindi naman.”

“(M)arami namang mukha ‘yung ating pagkakaibigan sa bansang Tsina at hindi lang naman ‘yung isyu natin sa West Philippine Sea ang nangingibabaw sa ating pagkakaibigan. Marami pa ho tayong mga engagement on several different levels. Magpapatuloy pa rin naman po ‘yon,” she said.

Siyempre, gusto nating i-assure ang ating mga kaibigan na kapag bumisita kayo rito sa Pilipinas bilang ating bisita, at ayon na rin sa kultura at tradisyon nating mga Pilipino, ay gagawin natin ang ating makakaya para naman maging maganda ang kanilang pagbisita rito,” she added. (MNS)