Presumptive President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. with US Chargé d’ Affaires Heather Variava. Marcos said he and Variava discussed security concerns and plans to extend and “redefine” the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA).  They also discussed the assistance that US government is willing to extend to the Philippines in terms of mitigating the adverse impacts of climate change. (MNS photo)

MANILA, May 24 (Mabuhay) — A meeting between President Rodrigo Duterte and presumptive president Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has  yet to be set, the Palace said Tuesday.

“Wala pang sinasabi [sa amin]. We will wait for further announcement,” acting presidential spokesperson Martin Andanar said.

“I don’t have information on that and we could know more after the Cabinet meeting next week,” he added.

Likewise, Andanar said the President has been mum on Marcos Jr. ‘s choice of Cabinet members.

So far, Marcos Jr. has named his former spokesperson and lawyer Vic Rodriguez as Executive Secretary, former Aquino administration National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) chief Arsenio Balisacan back to his old post, Cavite lawmaker Jesus Crispin Remulla as Justice Secretary, former Labor Undersecretary Susan Ople as Secretary of the Department of Migrant Workers and Bienvenido Laguesma as Labor chief.

“Walang binanggit ang pangulo [The President has not commented] on [the] choices of [the] presumptive president,” Andanar said.

Back in November 2021, Duterte called Marcos Jr. a weak leader and a spoiled child with no accomplishment to his name.

But three days before the elections, Duterte suddenly had kind words for Marcos Jr. and claimed that the latter led a simple life and cast doubt on the Marcos family’s ill-gotten wealth.

Duterte’s term ends noontime of June 30. (MNS)

READ NEXT: US-Asean Summit sends strong signal to invest in PH