MANILA (Mabuhay) – The Philippine National Police on Saturday went on full alert nationwide following the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris.
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the declaration of a full alert status is “standard after the occurrence of a suspected terrorist attack in other countries or in the event of a national calamity.”
“We are just taking our usual precautions, pero naka-full alert na po ang lahat ng PNP units sa ating bansa,” Valte added.
The Palace official also said that modifications will be made on the security plan for the APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting (AELM) next week because of the Paris attacks, where at least 120 people were killed.
“Our security establishment is already monitoring the situation that is happening and that we will be taking the necessary steps to fine-tune, as necessary, our security plans and our contingency plans for the hosting,” she said.
She added that the Philippines is committed to ensuring safety to the world leaders who will start arriving next week for the APEC meeting, which will be held from November 18 and 19.
“This is a message that has been sent not just in light of the incident in Paris, but this is a message and this is an assurance that we have been making since the time that we have started the hosting December last year,” she said.(MNS)