President Benigno S. Aquino III witnesses the change of command ceremony of Philippine National Police with former PNP Officer-in-Charge and Deputy Director General Leonardo Espina ceding to newly appointed Chief Police Director Ricardo Marquez the symbolic Transformation Torch during the PNP Change of Command Ceremony and Retirement Honors for P/DDG Leonardo Espina at the Multi-Purpose Center, Camp Crame in Quezon City on Thursday (July 16). (MNS photo)

President Benigno S. Aquino III witnesses the change of command ceremony of Philippine National Police with former PNP Officer-in-Charge and Deputy Director General Leonardo Espina ceding to newly appointed Chief Police Director Ricardo Marquez the symbolic Transformation Torch during the PNP Change of Command Ceremony and Retirement Honors for P/DDG Leonardo Espina at the Multi-Purpose Center, Camp Crame in Quezon City on Thursday (July 16). (MNS photo)

MANILA (Mabuhay) — Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ricardo Marquez on Tuesday assured the public that investigation on the alleged anomalies surrounding the so-called “White House” in Camp Crame will continue even if it has now become his official residence.

Marquez said the Ombudsman has meted out administrative sanctions in connection with the donations gathered for the White House’s construction in 2013.

At the time, the occupant of the two-story residence was then-PNP Chief Director General Alan Purisima. In late June, the Ombudsman ordered the dismissal of Purisima and 10 other police officials over another controversy – entering into an allegedly anomalous contract with service courier Werfast Documentary Agency (Werfast) in 2011.

“Nagkaroon na ng administrative decision ang Ombudsman. ‘Yung mga pinaniniwalaang sangkot doon ay nabigyan na ng kaparusahan at ang alam ko ay parang administrative remedies ang ginagawa ngayon,” Marquez said.

Asked if the investigation on the White House’s controversy will continue, Marquez replied in the affirmative.

The White House landed in the headlines last year after reports surfaced that its construction cost reportedly reached around P20 million.

PNP director for comptrollership Chief Supt. Rolando Purugganan, however, clarified that the construction only cost P11.463 million, which he said all came from donors.

Late last week, the PNP allowed members of the media to visit the compound of the controversial residence of the PNP chief. The residence itself, however, was not opened to the media for security reasons.

Despite the Office of the Ombudsman’s ongoing investigation into the alleged anomalies surrounding the White House, Marquez confirmed he will be living there with his family.

“Yun (White House) ang official residence ng Chief PNP. Sa dami ng trabaho dito [sa Camp Crame], kailangan narito na rin ang tirahan sa loob ng kampo para ‘yung guguguling panahon sa pagbabyahe ay maiukol na sa mahahalagang gawain dito sa kampo at sa mga concerns ng kapulisan sa labas,” he said.

Marquez, who formally assumed office last July 16, is expected to serve as PNP chief until he reaches the mandatory retirement age of 56 on Aug. 28, 2016.(MNS)