MANILA (Mabuhay) – A graduate of the San Beda Law School topped last year’s Bar Exams.
Supreme Court Justice Diosdado Peralta, who oversaw the Bar exams, said San Beda graduate Irene Mae Alcobilla topped the Bar with an 85.5% grade.
The top ten are:
1) Alcobilla, Irene Mae (San Beda College – Manila) 85.5%
2) Drilon, Christian (Ateneo de Manila) – 85.45%
3) Magalang, Sandra Mae (UP) – 84.6%
4) Bejemino, Mark Leo (UP) – 84.55% Garcia, Gil (Ateneo de Davao) Laco, Reginald (De La Salle Lipa)
5) Liao, Michelle (University of Cebu) 84.5%
6) David, Jose Angelo (San Beda) 84.45%
7) Aumentado, Adrian (San Beda) 84.35%
8) Daway, Rhey David (UP) 84.2
Diaz, Fideliz Cardellie (Far Eastern University-DLSU)
9) Yu, Jamie Liz (UP) 84%
10) Delgado, Tristan Matthew (Ateneo) – 83.95%
A total of 5,984 law graduates took the Bar, but only 1,126 passed for an 18.82 percent passing rate.
The SC decided to bring down the passing grade to 73% for this year.