Spanish man in Dasma Village incident ‘perpetually banned’ from entering Philippines — PH Bureau of Immigration
MANILA, June 16 (Mabuhay) — The Spanish citizen who figured in an altercation with a police officer in a posh Makati subdivision last April is now “perpetually banned” from entering the Philippines, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said Tuesday.
Javier Salvador Parra is barred from re-entering the country after it was confirmed that he has not returned since leaving for Madrid three days after the April 26 incident, Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said.
“Now that he has been placed in our Immigration blacklist he is now perpetually banned from reentering the Philippines for being an undesirable alien,” Morente said in a statement.
“Foreigners who disrespect our laws and persons of authority do not deserve the privilege to stay in our country,” he said.
Morente said blacklisting Parra is a warning to other foreigners not to violate Philippine laws and insult police officers enforcing them.
On May 22, the BI said Parra faced deportation. But the bureau said Tuesday that he had left the country on April 29, just three days after the altercation, and was not stopped from leaving because there were no charges against him at the time.
The BI said Parra did not submit a counter-affidavit to the allegations against him, resulting in the deportation charge.
“Even when he (is) out of the country he could still file his answer to the allegations by engaging the services of a lawyer who could submit a counter-affidavit on his behalf. It was obvious that he really intended to disregard the notice by just ignoring it,” BI intelligence chief Fortunato Manahan Jr. said.
Parra and a Makati policeman figured in a confrontation, leading to an attempted arrest and injuries, that stemmed from the officer allegedly noticed Parra’s househelp not wearing a mask while watering plants outside his house.
The incident, which took place in Dasmariñas Village last month, was captured on video and made the rounds on social media.
The BI earlier said the deportation case is separate from the criminal complaint filed by the police against Parra. (MNS)
ALSO READ: NCR remains under GCQ; Cebu City back to ECQ