Toyota Division is No. 1 retail brand in July; Camry No. 1 selling car in America
TORRANCE, Calif. – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported July 2015 sales of 217,181 units, an increase of 0.6 percent from July 2014 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in July 2015 as in July 2014, sales were up 0.6 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota Division posted July 2015 sales of 187,365 units, down 0.6 percent on a volume and DSR basis.
”July auto sales showed no signs of slow down for the industry,” said Bill Fay, Toyota Division group vice president and general manager. “Led by Tacoma sales, the Toyota division light trucks posted a best-ever July.”
July 2015 Highlights:
- Camry was best-selling car in July; posted sales of 38,435 units
- Corolla posted sales of 30,249 units
- Total TMS light trucks up 8.6 percent, a July record
- Highlander up more than 12 percent
- 4Runner up almost 26 percent
- RAV4 posted sales of 26,709 units
- Combined Tacoma and Tundra pickup sales up almost 17 percent
Meanwhile, when redesigning the Camry for 2015, Toyota went bumper to bumper and floor to roof, changing or re-engineering nearly 2,000 parts. Only the roof remained unchanged, and it capped off the boldest Camry ever. Now, only one year after this major redesign, America’s best-selling car will offer the 2016 Camry Special Edition for owner’s looking for an extra dose of both aggressiveness and technology. Based on the youthful Camry SE, the limited production Camry will add sporty interior and exterior features. In addition to features found on the Camry SE, standard equipment on the Special Edition will include:
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with machined face contrasted with gloss black painted accents and P225/45R18 tires
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Smoked tail lamp treatment
- Blue Streak Metallic and Blizzard Pearl exterior colors
- Sport fabric seats with blue inserts and blue contrast stitching; 8-way power-adjusted driver’s seat with power lumbar support; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Dark Blue interior trim
- Unique meter cluster with TFT Multi-Information Display
- Standard Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation
- Standard Smart Key System on front doors and trunk with Push Button Start
- Standard Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging
- Unique Special Edition badge and Camry Special Edition logo floor mats
The Camry Special Edition will be powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Like all Toyota vehicles, the Camry Special Edition will come standard with the Star Safety System.
The Camry Special Edition will carry a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $25,715.
Production of the Camry Special Edition will be limited to approximately 12,000 units and will run from August 2015 to January 2016.
But what’s good about buying either a Toyota Sienna, Highlander, a Camry, or any Toyota vehicle now for that matter, you can get a lifetime oil change and tires for life if you purchase them from Hooman Toyota. That’s right folks, aside from free oil change and tires, other VIP treats are offered only at Toyota’s most popular car dealership in Long Beach.
For details, call our kababayans Filipino Fleet Sales & Leasing Professionals Alfie Alberto, Arvin Aberilla, Jay S., or DJ Mouth toll free at 1-800-519-2446 at be a VIP for life. Hooman Toyota is located at 4401 East Pacific Highway, Long Beach, CA 90804.